Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Exodus






Boy, what a crappy blogger I am. One year later and here are the pictures of our kitchen. I really did not want to post any pictures because I felt like a fraud. You see, Mr. Donaghy has not yet really completed the kitchen. Baseboards are still propped up against the wall and door frames, window frames, shades, backsplash, and art work still remains to be installed.

I decided to hell with it. This is how it is. Tell the truth about our failures as remodelers and join the legions of people still living amongst their "Honey Do" list. Ah well.

The really good news is that we (my brother and I) have purchased another house in Long Beach. My brother will relinquish his room and the rights to the garage. In his place, Mr. Donaghy will scoot right on in and take over THE MAN SPACE!

I am really excited. You see, my brother has a small problem with collecting car stuff. The back entrance of the house is cluttered with axels, gaskets, headlights, you name it, he has it. Also stuffed to the gills is the carport, the garage, the sideyard, and his bedroom. What were once lovely brand new sparkling clean carpets have now been deemed a health hazard caked with motor oil and the like.

With the exodus of the sibling we call Baby Jesus...shout out to Fancy This&That...the small miniscule parcel of space for Mr. Donaghy, now the dining room, shall be enlarged and relegated to said man space. Thus, the remaining interior and garden space shall be reclaimed by none other than me, Mrs. Donaghy! Alas! The dream is coming to fruition and I while I faint with delight on the chaise lounger that does not exist in my house, I am giddy with the prospects of what each room will become with the promise of order, organization, purpose, and cleanliness. Martha Stewart, take heed. I will become a protoge the likes of which you have never seen!

Hallelujah!

No comments: