Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Two No Shows

Hmmmmm. Is this a sign of things to come? Boris, a structural engineer, came highly recommended to us by our contractor, Rafael. So far, we have received three phone calls and one visit. Oh yes, and a quote for $2000.00 to draw up plans for our new stairs. Of the three phone calls, two were to make arrangements for him to come and make some measurements. Each of those times, schedules were cleared, huge chunks of time were made wide open, and asses got sore sitting around waiting for this guy to show up. And show up he never did. Not a phone call. Not a word. What the hell is this? This guy's gotta be kidding me. He's holding up the entire production. So, Mr. Donaghy placed one very firm and unhappy phone call to Rafael and, lo and behold, guess who showed up today to make measurements?

While I am happy he did so, I am still nervous that this appearance is ghostly at best. Yes, he showed up today but will he really make the plans and deliver? Idiots. I am surrounded by frigging idiots.

By the by, I got shitfaced on Sunday night for Diana's Birthday. It was truly needed and I don't regret any giggly or hungover second whatsoever.

P.S. I won at PeeWee Golf AND Bowling!!! Take that Boris!

No comments: