Friday, March 14, 2008

If I ever have a son, I wanna name him Cormac.




I know that I am late to the game, but I recently saw No Country for Old Men.

One word can describe the experience...EXCELLENT.

I love anything written my Cormac McCarthy. He's so...so, so, I mean he's such a...such a...dude. He's a dude's dude.

********************************************************

The baseboards arrived today. They were supposed to be here on Wednesday. Alas.

********************************************************

This evening, Mr. Donaghy had a meeting with a Hollywood man about a job as a producer or something like that. (I don't really know the ins and outs of the BIZ and I am certainly not fluent in the language.) Anyways, Mr. Donaghy had a very good feeling about the man; felt he was really down to earth and all. They talked for a few hours over a few beers and when Mr. Donaghy came home, he was still in a fairly jovial and somewhat celebratory mood which was nice to see altho I wondered why.

When I mentioned that I was about to retire to a soaking tub, Mr. Donaghy sheepishly asked me if I would accompany him to the market to purchase some more celebratory spirits. I saw the hopeful glint in his eye and I submitted happily.

At the store, he did not reach for his usual cheapy beer. Instead, he reached for Blue Moon. Eyebrows raised, he knowingly informed me that, "This beer is goooood. I just had the first time tonight." I giggled to myself knowing Mr. Donaghy does not often veer from his "usual".

I tried the beer once we got to the house. And, yes, indeed, Mr. Donaghy, that beer IS really good.

P.S. I figured out why Mr. Donaghy was in such a good mood. 1. The Meeting went well. 2. Stupid me, I forgot that this is the Friday before the greatest Irish Day of all Irish history!!! I think he just wanted to get started early being that all that Irish blood is coursing through his veins. Erin go deo, Mr. Donaghy. Erin go deo.

2 comments:

San Francisco Photos said...

The movie was great ... I hated the ending though. It made me feel like I was cheated. What the heck was up with that ending?? Oh well. I liked the idea of no music in the film. Pretty interesting since I work in the music/film/tv industries and it was quite odd for me.

Mrs. Donaghy, I Presume... said...

i, too, really liked the idea that the film was so quiet. I loved the ending! It was so abrupt and all that kept resonating was Tommy Lee Jones' dream about his father and the sense that life is all fractured and ...
ah, well, anyways, I loved the ending and I am glad that the Coen Brothers stayed so true to Cormac McCarthy's book.