Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Mrs. Donaghy, The Interview Part One

Q: Hello, Mrs. Donaghy. Good afternoon. Thank you for taking the time to sit with me and answer questions about your life.
A: Sure, no problem.

Q: So, how long have you been married?
A: This coming February, it will be tree years.

Q: I'm sorry. Did you say tree years?
A: Ah, yes. Tree years.

Q: Don't you mean THREE years?
A: No, I don't.

Q: That's interesting, Mrs. Donaghy. Why do you say TREE years?
A: I say that because altho Mr. Donaghy and I will be married for THREE years, indeed, I look at those years as being a TREE.

Q: Is that so? Elaborate for me, please.
A: Sure. When you get married, the both of you are pliable like a little sapling. But, as the years go by, things happen to one person and then the other and then both at the same time. So, the both of you start to form a crusty barky exterior so that you can protect your two person union from the elements. If the marriage is good, each layer will grow on top of the other forming rings around the both of you and the inside can stay soft and healthy. Do you get what I mean?

Q: Partly. Could you explain further?
A: Sorry, no I can't. It's a little too abstract for me to understand at times.

Q: Tell me, Mrs. Donaghy, how did you and Mr. Donaghy meet?
A: We actually met in my kitchen. I was coming home from San Francisco where I was a bridesmaid at my friend's wedding. I got home somewhat late in the evening and had to go to work the next day so I was rushing into the house. My brother, while I was gone, said he found a Canadian that needed a place to stay and offered our guest bedroom to him.

Q: So, your brother knew him?
A: Yes, they met through mutual friends in the hot rod circuit.

Q: Continue...
A: Yes, well, so I came home and Mike greeted me in the living room to tell me that our new boarder was here in the kitchen. So, I reluctantly went to the kitchen to meet him.

Q: Can you recall what you thought the first time you saw him?
A: I thought he was really quiet. He didn't say that much.

Q: Was there an instant attraction?
A: Oh, yes. We both became very shy and did not want to speak to each other. Actually, we did not speak to each other or make that much eye contact that whole evening. I even fled to my bedroom under the pretense that I was getting ready for work the following day.

To Be Continued....

No comments: