Sunday, April 26, 2009

No Lazy Sundays Here

Yesterday was quite a busy day and that busy-ness will spill over to today.

In the garden, I planted two azaleas and six cyclamen...nearly dead. Hopefully, I can resurrect them and they will be glorious by winter. I weeded, pruned, and performed a general clean up. But the dirtiest job was saved for last. I put a thick layer of manure in the rose garden, tilled the soil, and placed a soaker hose that now weaves like a snake throughout the bases of all my roses. Flies were biting me in hunger all throughout and the stench was stifling. Yet, the job is done and I do feel much better.

Inside, Mr. Donaghy was busy trimming all the windows and door frames in the kitchen. He even inlaid the exposed parts of the cabinets! The effect is so much more polished and finished. As Little Edie would say, "All it needs is a coat of paint!"

I also went to Target to buy a few things and when the clerk tried to bag my items, I stopped him and said I would not be needing a bag. He looked at me, surprised. Then I told him about the garbage swirl in the Pacific Ocean and he, also, was equally horrified. I just put all my things back in the cart and unloaded them, bagless, in the back of the car. So what if it took an extra trip to the car during unloading? The house is a mere five feet away!

As for today, I think it will be more busy than yesterday. There is the trim to paint, laundry to do, groceries to buy and prep for the week, and general cleaning. Ah, maybe a glass of wine is in order for dinner and sit down afterwards.

No comments: