Friday, April 24, 2009

This Makes Me Sick...

I recently found out that there is a garbage pile the size of Texas floating in the Pacific Ocean. This floating landfill site lies between my beloved hometown of San Francisco and Japan.



This revelation sent a chill down my spine and I cannot stop thinking about it.




I found a picture of a beach at Half Moon Bay, California, site of many a teenaged night of drinking and debauchery and saw this...



How is it possible that this is the very same beach my friends and I made pilgrimage to every weekend to worship our youth and the herculean goddess that is Mother Earth? I promise it was not so long ago...maybe 15 years...and it certainly did not look like this.

And the waves of nausea continued as I stumbled upon these photos...






I look at these images and I can say is "What the F*@!" is going on here! I don't want to contribute to this! I want to get all Rachel Carson on everybody and stand on top of a mountain with rapidly melting snow caps and yell STOP THIS NOW!!!

What can I do?

No comments: